Originally developed for scientists working in research facilities at McMurdo station in Antarctica, the Expedition Parka allows its wearer to withstand the most frigid temperatures. It is durable and well insulated with 625 fill power white duck down, and its iconic design features a highly functional collection of external pockets perfect for easy gear storage and hand-warming. The mid-thigh length, elasticized nylon snowskirt, drawcord waist, Velcro®-secured storm flap over the two-way zip closure, and recessed heavy-duty rib-knit cuffs all work together to ensure you're not bothered by any unwanted drafts. The tunnel-shaped hood with coyote fur ruff can be pulled tightly, creating a sheltering pocket of air to keep the face warm.
Pockets include: two upper exterior chest pockets with Velcro® flaps; two lower exterior chest pockets with Velcro® flaps; fleece-lined zippered pockets behind each of the flap pockets; utility pockets at the left sleeve; a utility pocket with Velcro® flap at the right sleeve; interior pocket near the left hem; and an interior chest pocket with zip closure.
· The down used in this product has been procured and processed in Canada, is hypo-allergenic, laboratory-tested, and exceeds all Canadian and International Cleanliness Standards.
· Canada Goose never uses any duck or goose down or feather materials harvested by live-plucking.
· Canada Goose uses coyote fur around the hoods on their jackets only as absolutely necessary, and exclusively for functional purposes: it never freezes, doesn't hold water, and the uneven hair lengths create a windbreak that protects exposed skin and reduces heat loss from the face.
· Canada Goose only uses fur that is acquired in the most humane ways and adheres to all government guidelines. More importantly, the company takes pride in the fact that their furs are provided by native Northern Canadian communities who live close to the land, maintaining their centuries-old ways of life that are now being threatened. These communities are ethical in their fundamental approach to hunting and leading a truly nature-based way of life. Canada Goose does not buy fur from farms of any sort – ever.
· Shell: 85% polyester / 15% cotton
· Lining: 100% nylon
· Interlining: 100% nylon
· Fill: white duck down
· Ruff: Natural coyote (canis latrans) fur
· Dry clean only