Originally developed for scientists working in research facilities at McMurdo station in Antarctica, the Expedition Parka allows its wearer to withstand the most frigid temperatures. Not only is it durable and well insulated, but its iconic design also features a highly functional collection of external pockets perfect for easy gear storage and hand-warming. The mid-thigh length of the jacket, along with its elasticized nylon snowskirt, drawcord waist, storm flap secured with hook-and-loop closures over the two-way zipper, and recessed heavy-duty rib-knit cuffs all work together to keep out drafts. The tunnel-shaped hood with coyote fur ruff can be pulled tightly around the face creating a sheltering pocket of air to keep the face warm.
Pockets include: four exterior pockets with hook-and-loop flaps; fleece-lined zippered pockets behind each flap pocket; utility pockets at the left sleeve; a utility pocket with hook-and-loop flap at the right sleeve; and an interior zip pocket.
The down used in this product has been procured and processed in Canada, is hypo-allergenic, laboratory-tested, and exceeds all Canadian and International Cleanliness Standards.
- Canada Goose never uses any duck or goose down or feather materials harvested by live-plucking.
- Canada Goose uses coyote fur around the hoods on their jackets only as absolutely necessary, and exclusively for functional purposes: it never freezes, doesn't hold water, and the uneven hair lengths create a windbreak that protects exposed skin and reduces heat loss from the face.
- Canada Goose only uses fur that is acquired in the most humane ways and adheres to all government guidelines. More importantly, the company takes pride in the fact that their furs are provided by native Canadian communities who live close to the land, maintaining their centuries-old ways of life that are now being threatened. These communities are ethical in their fundamental approach to hunting and leading a truly nature-based way of life. Canada Goose does not buy fur from farms of any sort—ever.
- Fit: relaxed insulated
- Thermal Experience Index rating: TEI 5 (out of 5)—Extreme. Field-tested for the coldest places on earth. -30°C+.
- Shell: 85% polyester / 15% cotton
- Lining and interlining: 100% nylon
- Fill: 625 fill power white duck down
- Fur: coyote
- Dry clean only